Wednesday 5 December 2012

thequestionclub: Home Improvements -- on a deadline and budget?

For Christmas I decided to do some home improvement projects for my mom.? She doesn't want gifts that take up space and I feel reasonably confident that any upgrades I make will be welcomed.? She's going out of town for 3 days next week so that will be the opportune time to do this.? What home improvement projects would you do if you had limited time and $200-500 to spend?? What would have the biggest impact?


She'd love a new kitchen, but I don't think she knows what she wants yet so I'm excluding that.? I'd repaint, but I have some reservations about choosing colors she would like.? There's only one room that I would really consider painting because her downstairs is all connected and I really don't want to paint her 20' high stairwell.?

I could:
* Change out her builder-grade vents, light covers, etc., for nicer ones and sort of polish things up a bit. (A nice touch, but is it big enough impact for main Christmas gift?)
* We bought her all new ceiling lights last year.? I could pay someone to put them up.
* She has a 2-piece powder room that could use some upgrades. (Small space, big impact, could be $$$)
* Rearrange her furniture and swap two of the rooms. (Something I know she's considering anyway, but that's not really a gift)
* Set up a craft table inspired by Pinterest in her basement.
* Recover/slipcover her existing furniture and rearrange it.
* Buy and install an organization system for her basement.? (Would require cleaning it.? Very time-consuming.)?
* Mystery Option Q

?
DK/DC -- How is your gift shopping going?? Anything you're looking for but can't find?

Source: http://thequestionclub.livejournal.com/111134693.html

columbus day Stacy Dash Amber Tamblyn Lilit Avagyan Nashville TV Show VP debate drew brees

No comments:

Post a Comment